how about you change your code so it attempts to download both .tgz and .tar.gz?

jens

On Monday, Nov 25, 2002, at 09:03 US/Eastern, Andrew Sydelko wrote:

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:56:34 +0000 Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andrew Sydelko wrote:
Ok, whoever is in charge of zope.com releases of things
like DCOracle2, Zope and ZEO need to decide if the release
file names are going to end in .tar.gz or .tgz.
Why does it matter?
I have a script that builds zope. And part of that script is going
to get the tarballs. When they change the name I have to go and change
the URL (normally I just set the version number).

Here's an example:

version['ZEO']='1.0'

[snipped lots of other installs]

package = 'ZEO'
if version.has_key(package):
ver = version[package]

install(package=package, dir='src', url='http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO/ZEO-%s.tgz' % (ver), checkfile='src/ZEO-%s' % (ver))

install is a function that uses the parameters in it to decide
what to do.

You'll see that when I switched to ZEO 2.0 I had to change the
URL.

And I shouldn't have to go look up the URL every time to make sure it's
the same... That's the whole point of my script.

--andy.