Hi Andrew,

--On Montag, 25. November 2002 09:03 -0500 Andrew Sydelko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:56:34 +0000 Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Andrew Sydelko wrote:
> Ok, whoever is in charge of zope.com releases of things
> like DCOracle2, Zope and ZEO need to decide if the release
> file names are going to end in .tar.gz or .tgz.

Why does it matter?
I have a script that builds zope. And part of that script is going
to get the tarballs. When they change the name I have to go and change
the URL (normally I just set the version number).
I'd use CVS instead.

Regards
Tino

Here's an example:

version['ZEO']='1.0'

[snipped lots of other installs]

package = 'ZEO'
if version.has_key(package):
        ver = version[package]

        install(package=package, dir='src',
url='http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO/ZEO-%s.tgz' % (ver),
checkfile='src/ZEO-%s' % (ver))

install is a function that uses the parameters in it to decide
what to do.

You'll see that when I switched to ZEO 2.0 I had to change the
URL.

And I shouldn't have to go look up the URL every time to make sure it's
the same... That's the whole point of my script.

--andy.