--On Mittwoch, 27. November 2002 13:17 -0500 Chris McDonough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 12:31, Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
On 27 Nov 2002, 11:18  seb bacon wrote:

> Can we have a bugfix release?

Me too. I'd like to get the fix for Issue 597
(http://collector.zope.org/Zope/597) in such a bugfix release.
ZCTextIndex, quite different from the old TextIndex, currently is
almost unusuable outside the US, because it isn't locale aware.

A fix was posted to the collector during the 2.6 beta period, about
two weeks BEFORE (!) the release of 2.6.0, by Maik Jablonski, but
has been ignored, since.. It's still not checked in, if I'm not
mistaken. :-(

What is beta testing good, if the error reports get ignored? Why
write patches, if those patches are thrown away?
I understand your frustration.  It may be a good idea to bug a developer
with CVS commit access that you know cares about the issue.  Sometimes
going through the CVS logs for the module in which the bug is in, you
can tell who has most recently been involved in that code and send them
an email about the bug.
Especially for this bug there are additional unittests missing to check
the locale-wareness of the patches.

- Andreas Jung http://www.andreas-jung.com -
- EMail: andreas at andreas-jung.com -
- "Life is too short to (re)write parsers" -

(Related lists - http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce