On Wednesday 08 January 2003 05:04 pm, Sameer Maggon wrote:
> Hi,
> In some CMS we have different environment for Development (Authoring),
> Staging and Production. The CMS Database that resides in the Development
> setup is usually more bulky than the database in the production and staging
> site. Can any body tell me how Zope fits into this situation, is there any
> component that takes care of this?
> My major concern is that, it might be that my repository contains huge
> number of images but actually the site uses only some of them. So when
> actually deploying a site, the system should resolve those images and put
> the required files.

A combination of CMFStaging/ZopeVersionControl (available from cvs) and
mounted storages would probably solve this nicely. The latter would be
optional, but would allow you to have a separate ZEO storage server for
production that contained only the published content objects and was only
written to when content was published or retracted, not on every edit.