what exactly is it you are trying to achieve? maybe someone can help if you let us know what the real motivation is.

jens

On Saturday, Mar 8, 2003, at 11:42 US/Eastern, Sondre Rønjom wrote:

Ive been looking through AccessControl/User.py to understand the
validate() methods paramteres. Im not sure what to put inside the request,
and how to do it. I have been testing around, but I can only manage to do
authenticate(), but this only tells if the user is valid and has the right
password. The thing is, I also want to set AUTHENTICATED_USER, but not
sure how to to this, but I have the idea validate() does all this for you,
if you pass the right parameters. I have been searching at zope.org and
google.com for a long time now, but cant find very much useful. The only
parameters I have put in the REQUEST are __ac_user and __ac_password, but
I know I also need object value and physical container of the object, but
dont know how to find this.

/Sondre