Oliver Bleutgen wrote at 2003-6-10 16:20 +0200:
 > And you have to take acquisition into account
 > folder1
 >    some_object
 > folder2
 >    version2
 > some_object shouldn't be lockable into version2.

Where did you ever read that the effect of versions
were in any way restricted in correspondence with their own path?

A version affects the complete site (independent from where
in the hierarchy they live).

I make use of this "feature". My versions are located in
a utility folder "Administration", but they should allow me
to make fixes and installations all over the site.