On Tuesday 17 June 2003 11:47 am, Andy McKay wrote:
> If you've visited ZopeZen you might have noticed this lovely error that
> seems to occur intermittently..
>
> [snip rest of traceback]
>      * Module Products.CMFCore.CatalogTool, line 214, in searchResults
>      * Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 619, in searchResults
>      * Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 732, in searchResults
>      * Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 480, in search
>      * Module Products.PluginIndexes.common.UnIndex, line 365, in
> _apply_index
>      * Module ZODB.Connection, line 534, in setstate
>
> MemoryError: (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the
> standard error message.)
>
> Its:
>
> Zope 2.6.1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2)
> python 2.1.3
> openbsd3
>
> I believe all the appropiate python stack patches are applied.

In my experience, (at least on FreeBSD) it would simply fall over when it ran
out of stack space, I don't remember ever seeing MemoryError. But I may not
have been paying close enough attention ;^)

Looks like its running out of memory when a BTree subobject is being loaded.
Do you have any idea how much memory the process was using when you got the
error?

-Casey