Thanks for the responses everyone.

This message occured more frequently when I was showing the getNewOrRandom slot which does a few catalog searches and mucks them around. I've turned off that slot and setup a nightly restart cron.

I'm waiting for it to happen again (it hasn't yet), but it looks like the BTrees and Catalog results could be a place to start.

Its got a gig of ram and about 500 mb is free most of the time apparently, but next time it happens I'll see if I can get more info.

Just have to hurry up and wait now ;) Or wait for runyaga to visit it, he seems to have this curse with it.
Andy McKay