I downloaded the "hidden" 2.6.2b6 release (from
http://zope.org/Products/Zope/2.6.2b6/Zope/view) and had
a look in lib/python/ZODB/__init__.py, which gives its
version as ZODB 3.1.2.  Is there any reason it's not ZODB 3.1.3?
Maybe just an oversight?

I could easily check any ZODB-3.1.3 changes to the Zope-2.6 branch,
unless somebody knows a reason not to do so.

Also, why doesn't ZODB/Tools come with zope? There's some really
handy stuff in there, some of which gets mentioned on the zope list
from time to time; it would be nice if newbies could get hold of it easily.

On a related note, NEWS.txt in ZODB 3.1.3 mentions that there is a new
Tools/README.txt ... but it's not actually in the tarball :-)

Paul Winkler