Hi,

We have a relatively common situation whereby we will create our own product by deriving off an existing Zope product.

However, the original product is still available through Products.meta_types and the factory construction mechanism. This is a pain as then users must be careful as to what product's they create.

It is inconvenient to comment out the registerClass calls in the __init__.py to achieve this result. Is there any other technique to deregister products yet still have them available in the PYTHONPATH to satisfy other dependencies?

Cheers, Alan