Chris McDonough wrote:
Yesterday I made a Zope 2 branch named

The benefits that result from the changes are that you can "reserve" a
thread pool for a particular set of ZServer servers, and that you can
specify alternate ZODB "connection policies" on a per-server basis.

This will allow sites which are having resource exhaustion problems
(e.g. running out of threads, running out of database connections) to
continue to be accessible via servers running on "special" ports for
debugging and maintenance purposes.

I'd like to merge this into the trunk at some point, but I'd like some
feedback first.

Forgive me, but I don't see the motivation: a database connection represents a large chunk of RAM. Won't the new policies just cause overloaded sites to also run out of RAM?