Chris McDonough wrote:
Forgive me, but I don't see the motivation: a database connection represents a large chunk of RAM. Won't the new policies just cause overloaded sites to also run out of RAM?

No.  Well, at least one implementation won't. ;-)  We don't reserve a pool of
database connections for the special servers.  The connection policy can use a
temporary connection, which AFAIK does not keep a ZODB cache.

But you're right in the sense that this won't help RAM-bound applications;
that's what AutoLance is for.  It will help debug sites where there's a
database connection leak or sites where all public threads are tied up
waiting for a database connection (if only to be able to restart it via
the mgmt interface).

Ah! Ok, so it's meant for admin-only access. That's a fine idea.

Shane