I have an elaborate piece of python code that works fine, but with profiling turned on, it barfs a "Bad Call" message.

When google-ing for a solution, the only thing I could find was a

There's a follow up stating it's "already fixed",
and does not occur in  Python 2.2.x and beyond.

So now my questions are:

- how difficult is it to get a zope 2.6.2 (or 2.7) working with a python 2.2.x or 2.3. on a windows platform? (I read up on the changes between 2.6 and 2.7 and it does not seem to change python version.)

- I believe there's a concensus that the next major 2.X release should jump immediately 2.3, but is there a timeline ?

- or is there a workaround/solution to the "Bad Call" problem?

This all to see if I should invest time in getting a 2.6 or 2.7 +python 2.3 up and running or I should do my own time measurements/profiling effort.

Romain Slootmaekers.