On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 12:18:47PM +0100, Stefan H. Holek wrote:
| I am also very, very worried about breaking b/w compatibility in Zope 2.
| I am responsible for about 15 sites, with say 10 distinct products
| each. Are you saying I have to evaluate/upgrade 150 products because I
| want to go to Zope 2.8(9)? No customer is going to pay for that effort
| (and I will likely not find the time to do it anyway) so I will be
| locked in 2.7-land forever. Bah!
| So yes, option 3 it must be. Let's save the fundamental changes for
| Zope 3.

As far as I understand, even if we dont go with option 2 there will be
*some* effort on migrating from 2.7 to 2.8. Adding the update of a few
products may not be as bad as you painted here. I've analised the
changes needed to make the current Plone from CVS to work with option
2 and they are not that intrusive. Its basically change the order of
one or two base classes and nothing more than that.

Now I have a interesting question to ask: *If* we go for option 3, and
we fix some products to work with option 2, would that cause any

Sidnei da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

The first version always gets thrown away.