--On Dienstag, 11. November 2003 14:13 Uhr +1100 Stuart Bishop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Does this settle the issue on how to handle non-ascii strings in URLs?
If so, is their anything stopping us allowing Unicode ids in Zope? This
would involve patching OFS.ObjectManager.checkValidId to accept strings
not in [0-9a-zA-Z\$\-_\.\+!\*'(),], and writing replacement
urllib.quote and urllib.unquote methods for use by HTTPRequest.py.

If this is deemed a sane plan, I'd like to try getting this into Zope
2.7.

Too late for 2.7 in my opinion since we are heading for a beta (means no new features).

-aj