Sidnei da Silva wrote:
<snip>
| Gory details
<snip>
| | I estimate that the necessary refactoring would take me 3-5
| days. The vast majority of the required time will be spent writing
| tests. I really need to focus on Zope 3 for a while, so I may not
| be able to get back to this soon. I think that this is an area
| where some volunteers could make a big difference. I'd be happy to
| work with some folks on this.

You didn't mention if this would have any impact on existing
products.

The expectation is that existing Zope 2 products will work with 2.8. The security APIs will be unchanged.

> In case that was the case, would porting the zcml machinery
and the security policy from zope3 completely out of question?

We want Zope 2.8 to happen as soon as possible, so we can start working on Zope 2.9. Zope 2.9 will be the release that incorprates major parts of Zope 3.

We think that NSEC and ZODB 3.3 provide more than enough of a change for
one release. :)

> This is something I would really love to see in zope2.

Me too. We need to get 2.7 and 2.8 out the door as soon as we
can so we can get working on 2.9.

Jim