Jim Fulton wrote at 2003-11-22 12:14 -0500:
 > Also note that I had to get rid of the validateValue call.  It's important
 > that we always pass the name and container to code that needs to get roles.

We need "name" and "container" only for objects that do not have
their own "__roles__" attribute. This essientially means
for the newly implemented methods. But, for bound methods, we
can determine name and container from the objects.
I would therefore keep "validateValue" and try to determine container and name.

--
Dieter