At 12:52 PM 12/29/03 -0500, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

Barry Warsaw writes:
 > Since I didn't understand what keytype actually provided, even after
 > reading the docs on it several times, I've never found a need for it
 > <wink>.

Sounds like I need to improve the docs for this.

Changing the keytype allows different interpretations for keys.  The
only thing required of keys at the lowest level of the parser is that
keys do not contain spaces.  The "basic-key" datatype is used to
create a case-insensitive handling to keys.  Setting keytype to
"identifier" would require that all keys in sections of that type be
Python identifiers, and would be case-sensitive.

That reminds me... is there any way for section *names* to be case-sensitive, or at least case-preserving? For example, if one were simulating Apache-style configuration like:

<Location /Foo/bar/Baz>

Currently, IIRC, the '_name' attribute of the resulting section will be '/foo/bar/baz'.