We have a report for Zope 2.7 about an object magically turning
into "None" (1 or 2 weeks ago).

A similar problem was discovered recently by a colleague.
I started analysing it today. It turned out that
objects are non-deterministically converted into "None".

I have seen such behaviour in the past (with an old Python version).
Later, it turned out to be a memory corruption problem in this Python
version.
Memory corruption can also cause death with a core dump.

It is well possible that our problem is caused by
my Zope modifications or other (third party) C level extensions.
But, there might also be some lingering problem in Python2.3.3/Zope2.7.

I will thouroughly investigate our problem within the next week
and report back.

--
Dieter