I'm overriding '__getitem__' and using Python's "os" package to directly
access the local file system. I just sniff the file name extension and set
the response content-type, then return the contents of the named file.
Simple and stupid.

Ooo... I hope you're confident in what you're doing :-S
Should be vaguely okay, provided you're not writing to those files with the os module. Mindyou, Apache could serve 'em a LOT faster...

(If anyone's curious, I'm using a Zope product for a back-end to a
Mozilla/XUL front-end. This static file stuff allows the product to provide
the XUL, JavaScript, and CSS files needed to define the Mozilla-based
interface.)

Cool :-)

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk