On Tuesday 30 March 2004 01:40 pm, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > Furthermore, stylesheets often contain customization "variables",
 > e.g. for a color scheme. I think, this is useful.

This is one of the most painful warts in CSS that would have been really easy
to do right, I think.  Being able to name colors for parts of pages and then
reuse those names would make a lot of this sort of problem go away for style
sheets where the colors are the only difference.

CSS 3 might include this, but I've not tracked it closely.

Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation