More important is the second point:  Having such a tool would bring a
HUGE amount of value added to Zope. Mega, super huge.

Sounds like the opportunity for a commercial tool.

It's not NEEDED, but it makes life a LOT easier, and so would give any company with it competitive advantage without detracting at all from people who don't use it...

My main concern would be it's adaptibility to custom content types. If I
have my own Geospatial-ish content type, how would the IDE handle it ?
How would I go about making it handle it ? etc ...

That's the tough one ;-) BTW, I thought we were talking about a Zope IDE, not an IDE for a CMS built on top of Zope...

Basically, yo me this should be a core feature of Zope, not an add-on.

Indeed. But having it as a core feature forces it to be open source, and hence run on open source budgets and timescales.

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk