Indeed, I was hoping the ref in the dictionary there was getting in the way
when old_publish was raising an exception, but I tried using a
weakref.proxy()
instead and that didn't help.

I managed to test without Localizer (It dawned on me that since I'm looking
at errors, it really doesn't matter if I don't have Localizer installed
since
not having it will generate errors, which is what I want!) ... And the
problem
diappeared ...

So it's definitely Localizer, but it's not the Globals() request patch ...
Or
at least not the act of patching it itself, that causes the problem.

*sigh*
J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dieter Maurer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: May 20, 2004 2:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Zope-dev] Re: Preliminary findings: Zope 2.7 leakage
caused by errors


[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote at 2004-5-20 09:58 -0400:
> ...
>def new_publish(request, module_name, after_list, debug=0): 
>    id = get_ident() 
>    print "Localizer got thread id: " + str(id)
>    Publish._requests[id] = request 
>    print "Request dict is now: " + str(Publish._requests)   
>    x = Publish.old_publish(request, module_name, after_list, debug) 
>    try:
>        del Publish._requests[id]
>    except KeyError:
> ...

This code cannot leak requests in large numbers (though it may
leak a few requests for some time).

Reason: Zope does not normally create new threads. This implies
that thread_ids are reused and thereby old requests flushed from
the dict.

-- 
Dieter

_______________________________________________
Zope-Dev maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev
**  No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
(Related lists - 
 http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
 http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )

Reply via email to