It seems that there may still be some strangeness with Transience. We're running Zope-2.7.1b1 (Python 2.3.3, Fedora Core 1) and after using the system for a day or two, it got the following error on a page that accesses the SESSION:

  Traceback (innermost last):
    Module OFS.DTMLDocument, line 128, in __call__
     - <DTMLDocument instance at 9e684350>
     - Physical Path: /login/root/ChooseAccount/chooseAccount
    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 703, in renderwob
    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 76, in render
    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 198, in eval
     - __traceback_info__: value
    Module <string>, line 1, in <expression>
  NameError: name 'SESSION' is not defined

It doesn't appear to be a problem accessing a variable in the SESSION, but finding "SESSION" itself.

So, I hook-up to the ZMI and click on *temp_folder*, then click on
*session_data (Session Data Container)* and I get the following error:

  Traceback (innermost last):
    Module App.special_dtml, line 62, in __call__
    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
    Module Products.Transience.Transience, line 709, in nudge
    Module Products.Transience.Transience, line 555, in _gc
  RuntimeError: the bucket being iterated changed size

The same thing happened yesterday and re-starting Zope seemed to get things working again. After the problem yesterday, I changed my temp database to use filestorage to see if that would help. No luck, the problem showed up again today.

I have not restarted Zope again today, so my system is still in the "screwed-up" state. Chris, if you'd like, I can probably get you access to the system if there is anything to be learned from it in its current state.

Thanks,

Steve