On 23 Jul 2004 at 10:58, Chris Withers wrote:

> Dieter Maurer wrote:
> >
> > All DA's I saw up to now, do a reconnect.
>
> ZOracleDA didn't...
>
> > But this is *WRONG" -- as part of a transaction may have been lost.
> > After "reconnecting", they should raise an exception
> > derived from "ConflictError" and let the complete request retry.

Perhaps I don't understand, but how could their be a missing transaction?

Zope starts, connects to database

Zero or more transactions occur

Zope is idle for some period of time

Z new transaction arrives, some transactions occur in ZODB. A transaction is attempted
on
a database connection. The DA  gets a 'your connection has timed out' error from the
db
connection. It reconnects, it retries the transaction, no error occurs, so DA returns
success.

This is the way gvibDA works. It reconnects and retries.

Where are transactions lost in this scenario?  Remember, I'm talking about the DA
catching
"connectioned timed out" due to idle activity, and no other DB exceptions.

--
Brad Clements,                [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements