Florent Guillaume wrote:
Directing to Zope-dev as this is not CMF-specific.

On 7 Dec 2004, at 6:25, Robert Rottermann wrote:

The methods that need to send events are:
manage_beforeDelete (both in various classes)
move_object_to_position (would be moveObjectsByDelta for straight Zope)

We also need a manage_editObject (or similar) event
to react on objects being edited.

Yes but I'm talking about existing points where hooks are needed.
But indeed the semantics for edit events have to be devised.
In the context of CMF we have a central point (reindexObject) that mostly does it.

Yes I konw and use it. The problem that when more than one product wants to use it, the outcome is not well defined.