> +1
>
> I think these ideas are great, but wasn't it also you who said,
> "Unfortunately, though, this misfeature has  been around for a long time
> and would break a lot of people if the default were changed."  I think
> getting this changed might be met with some amount of resistance.  If
> we're voting ;-) I vote for biting the bullet and making the change
> today.

Except that I'm not arguing to change the "default" -- at least not
in a backward-incompatible way.

Right now, the publisher considers every POST that is xml to be an
xml-rpc request.

The change I'm proposing would be to first look for a recognizable
sign of a SOAP request (SOAPAction header). If found (and *only* if
found), we would defer to the SOAP handler. Otherwise, POSTed xml
will continue to be treated as xml-rpc.

Brian Lloyd        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com