Hi all,

Am Freitag, den 17.12.2004, 15:17 -0500 schrieb Tim Peters:
> [Tres Seaver]
> > +1 for landing Mark's patch as a prerequisite to fixing *any*
> > Windows-service related bug in the future.
>
> I think we should call now "the future".  Windows services were broken
> completely by the sitecustomize.py fiddling, and remain in a hackish
> state.

Yupp.

> Christian, Mark wrote the book (literally) on managing Windows
> services from Python, and wrote all the win32all support code Zope has
> relied on forever to get Windows services working at all.  If it's at
> all possible to apply his patches, please do so -- they address
> several long-standing problems Zope suffers on Windows, and nobody on
> Earth is better qualified to fix them than Mark.

Ok, I'll do that. I have accepted a couple of reports to windows
specific problems. I think I'm the complete opposite of Marks windows
abilities, but as I'm maintaining the Windows releases, I'm caring for
that.

Hope to get all the windows stuff cleaned up until after xmas.

Cheers,
Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -