Am Mittwoch, den 12.01.2005, 20:10 +0000 schrieb Chris Withers:
> Haven't had a look, but since it's related, I'll pipe up.
> I'd love to see all the useful information shown in the error log be
> storable somewhere persistent, rather than just the rather puny
> copy-to-log functionality that currently exists. It sounds like you're
> making this happen by storing things on the file system, that so?

Jup. I'm writing a file for a selected entry called
"Exception-<error_log_id>" containing a textual representation of the
whole error log entry (not just the traceback).

> In any case, here's another idea: Make the storage of information to the
> log pluggable. One obvious way that I can see this is to have another
> python logger (say called error_log, rather than event) set up which
> gets the detailed info passed to the log entry format string (you'll
> need to write a custom Formatter to do this, but it's not hard, I have
> an example if you're interested).
> Where and how these entries are logged is then configurable in Zope.conf
> (well, once this is fixed )

Would that really be needed? I'm pretty happy with the solution as is.

gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -
fax +49 3496 30 99 118 - zope and plone consulting and development