Jim Fulton wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Tim Peters wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> get_transaction() is more troublesome than _just_ that, alas:  there
>>> are about 160 instances of it across the stitched-in lib/python/zope,
>>> and Products/Five, code.  This causes lots of new deprecation warnings
>>> when running the tests.  These are easy to repair with 1-2 hours easy
>>> editing work, but again Zope trunk doesn't own the lib/python/zope
>>> code (where almost all of these appear).
>> Right, lib/python/zope is actually Zope X3.0.0, and we didn't expect
>> we'd need to *update* Zope X3.0 in order for it to work with Zope 2.8.
>> The new ZODB version is having some repercussions there. Zope X3.0 was
>> released against an older version of ZODB. I'm really at a loss at
>> what to do there.
> Perhaps we should make a X3.0.1.  This is fairly long overdue
> anyway.
> Alternatively, we could make a branch for use in 2.8.  I don't
> think this would really be a problem.

We already have one:  it was needed in order to remove the "excess"
packages (the ones tagged as being in X3.0, without actually being
installed by the zpkg stuff).

$ cd lib/python/
$ svn propget svn:externals
zope  \

>> I can spend time trying to shut up Zope X3 I guess, if that
>> is the only option...

Adding the required methods to the zope.app.mail.delivery thingy should
take less than an hour, I think.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)