On Windows, this 15 months old change in ZConfig sets the default hostname for inet_address to 'localhost':

I have no idea why this was changed, the checkin message is not very helpful: "fix the default hostname for address datatypes for Windows"

This ZConfig change is responsible for the Zope 2.8 release blocker

  (the relevant info is in http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1507)

and caused similar problems with Zope 3

So if nobody can tell me why ZConfig was changed, I propose to

1.) revert the change and tag a new version of ZConfig

2.) update ZEO: the ZEO tests expect the old behavior, see http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2005-March/013794.html

3.) update Zope 2 trunk and Zope 3 trunk to the new versions of ZConfig and ZEO

4.) fix http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1507 and http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/383

I'd volunteer to do the necessary changes in Zope 2.

Any comments? Any volunteers for the other tasks?

BTW: Why is ZConfig not a svn:external in Zope 2 and 3?

Zope-Dev maillist - Zope-Dev@zope.org