--On Freitag, 13. Mai 2005 19:26 Uhr +0200 Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If you were *really* interested in these startup time improvements, I could provide patches which might be integrated in the Zope core for e.g. Zope 2.9.

Although I already worked with pypackage my questions: is it an optional feature or will pypackage take control over all and everything? Products using __path__ or changing the current directory need to be fixed, right? I think 2.9 would be a good target. If there is common agreement that it should go into the core (+1 from my side) then please wait with submitting patches until we have cut a release branch for Zope 2.8...then the trunk can be used for new features for Zope 2.9.

Andreas