describes some of the code problems with Zope's current way of mounting
databases.  ZODB 3.4 (still) has a module, unused and untested by
ZODB.  Jim and I were both surprised today to discover that Zope (2.8) still
imports it, so we can't drop it for ZODB 3.4 (Zope 2.8, and the ZODB 3.4 it
uses, are both in beta).

We'd like to continue getting non-ZODB code out of the ZODB project, so
would like to drop from ZODB 3.5.  Are any of zodb-dev's
"standalone" ZODB users making use of  I would be surprised by
that too, since relies on other code (like Acquisition) that's
already been removed from the ZODB 3.3 and 3.4 lines.  I've been surprised
before, though ...