Paul Winkler wrote:
To the other respondents: Thanks for the suggestions, but I do not
consider making AcceleratedHTTPCacheManager more flexible to be a "test
turd". Tres outlined a real use case for changing the code (see below).
I don't understand why you guys consider this more invasive than
monkeypatching, which is capable of causing obscure breakage in
far-flung tests.  But thanks anyway.

Coding for testability is quite important, and is a credo of some of the trendy methodologies these days. I consider it perfectly acceptable to have a class attribute ConnectionClass for httplib.HTTPConnection or a method like "getConnection" that can then be subclassed or modified during tests. Provided it does not important performance issues.

Florent