On Dec 20, 2005, at 3:29 PM, Paul Winkler wrote:
If so, the question then becomes: timetable and plan for deprecating
HelpSys.  I don't think we can simply rip out registerHelp() in 2.10
unless we have deprecation warnings in 2.9; and a useful deprecation
warning requires something in place we can advise people to do instead.

FWIW, I have zero plans to support a registerHelp that does anything but "pass" or "warn" for Egg products. If people think that isn't a reasonable thing to do, I may need to take my committment to integrating eggs off the table for 2.10 personally; of course others would be free to take the existing code and integrate. IOW, I intend to spend exactly zero brain cycles thinking about help system issues except to make it inoperable. ;-)

- C