yuppie wrote at 2006-3-10 20:20 +0100:
>> To support WebDAV as widely as possible, I would prefer to
>> get rid of all id restrictions. I do not like to see
>> new restrictions emerging...
>You just don't like it or do you know a better alternative?
>We need a way to make sure that object IDs can't mask browser views and
>resources. The current solution in Zope 3 is to reserve names starting
>with '+' and '@' for resources and views.

"_" is already disallowed at the beginning of an id.
Could you use it to mark views/ressources?

>Compared to Zope 2.8.1 and earlier this is no new restriction.

In order to support WebDAV as widely as possible, I
have removed almost all id restrictions quite some time ago.
I hope that this will happen in the official Zope as well.
The current state of affairs is not really justified.