Tino Wildenhain wrote:

Maybe its just me but I personally dont like direct filesystem
access in the core - if someone wants it, (s)he can pick from
the 3rd party products - maybe there can be a list of recommended
(active maintained) products? Direct access products should also
carry some easily understandable warnings.

I can understand that point of view for products that allow writing to the filesystem, but, conceptually, what's the difference between read-only "filesystem access" and a standard filesystem product?

None, I think, but then I may have misunderstood the purpose of FileSystemSite, and friends.

Tim