On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:06:25PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 10:45:11AM +0200, Stefan H. Holek wrote:
> > The VHM tests in Zope 2.9 and trunk broke last night:
> >
> > http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2006-April/004648.html
> > http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2006-April/004649.html
>
> I'm assuming this was me, but I ran test.py -q -all before checking in
> so I'm not sure how that happened. Investigating.

Must've run the tests in the wrong sandbox :-\

This failure was a side-effect of the changes I made:

- The unit tests in Products/Session were polluting os.environ
  with SERVER_NAME and SERVER_PORT keys.

- The unit tests in Products/SiteAccess were relying on the old
  behavior of Testing.makerequest to unconditionally set those
  keys in the request.

- My change allowed the values from the Sessions tests to show up
  in the SiteAccess tests.

I've fixed the Sessions tests to use a dict instead of os.environ.

But I'm also concerned that similarly indirect breakage might happen
in other projects if they use os.environ carelessly.

This part of my change was an effort to remove redundancy,
not a bugfix; so on second thought, given the demonstrated
potential for breakage in other test suites, it doesn't
belong on the stable 2.9 branch and I'll revert that change there.
But I'll leave it on the trunk.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com