On 11/13/06, Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Christian Theune wrote:

> That's more like it. But as you mentioned, a compiled Zope is dependent
> on some binary compiled modules that want a compatible Python, so
> bringing it's own might be reasonable.

I think bringing in its own is reasonable if none suitable can be found.

But, I think in that case, why not put it in the "standard" python
location for windows? (and why not install it in the standard way so
that installing other python binary things for windows (such as mysql
and postgres) can find the python being used for Zope?

Because 'finding the python being used by Zope' is a registry key. If
you look at Zope -> Python in the start menu there are two shortcuts
there that will do register/unregister.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214