On 3/8/07, Christian Theune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I really wonder whether that's necessary.

Yeah, after re-reading Dieter's reply, I sort of wonder how big of a
deal that is.

Actually. I'll take a look
around the other web frameworks and check how they do their REQUEST
processing. Maybe I can learn something from that.

I suspect you will find that they don't do anything special. You could
look at how Apache or Squid does it though.

> Hopefully something similar could be done for files being sent *out*
> of the application when they don't need any application processing
> anymore (ie, Blobs!).

We already have that. The FileStreamIterator allows you to hand out an
iterable that will be used outside the application thread to stream data
from.

Right, I had something else in mind which is serving large data from
the ZODB when you're done with the application logic. But that's
another story.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214