--On 23. April 2007 03:57:25 -0700 Martin Aspeli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Chris Withers wrote:

Martin Aspeli wrote:
Plone development with Archetypes is not painful. Hundreds of
developers  do it, so it can't be that bad.

Urm, that's not true. Archetypes is the single most painful component to
use from Plone...

It's also the biggest source of frustration I have with Plone.

Okay. Let me rephrase. Most people don't find it painful, and a huge
number of developers are being very productive with Archetypes. I know
you hate it Chris, but you are in the minority.

I have to second that. The latest versions of AT are pretty much stable and usable. AT is no longer the PITA framework it was some years ago - as long
as you don't look under the hood and as long as you don't try to be tricky.
AT works fine if you use it the 'standard' way - however it slaps you when you're trying to be smarter than AT.

Using Z3-schemas + formlib is definitely the preferred way to go. We got a basic content-type working for a customer based on z3-schema/formlib within
half a day (without having any knowledge in Z3 schemas and formlib).

-aj