Dieter Maurer wrote:

Where does the parent class lists its legal children?

In the Products Folder, for each ZClass there is a tab listing allowed subobjects.

I think it would be better if the child listed the legal parents.

But, then you need to have somewhere (else) a registry to list
the children types which can be added in the current place.

That explains why they are listed where they are listed.  Thank you.

Why do you want to distinguish between class and instance methods?

So I can send a create message to something before I have any instances.

Regards
Chris