On 2007-09-12 15:32:42 +0200, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Lately, I've started being a bit more careful about accepting new contributors. In particular, I'm requesting that new contributors provide the name of an existing contributor who is familiar with them and their work. I (or someone) really need to add this to the contributor agreement, but I'm not sure when I'll have time. Now, It's taking a fair bit of time writing new contributors to ask for references. I encourage folks to request committer access, I just ask that people provide the names of one or more existing committers who can vouch for them.

I think that is good. It's just like noting references on a job application. Sobody you (as employer) can call/mail and ask about the applicant.

Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891