I think if we can fix zope.i18n's dependencies, some dependency chains will get reduced.

- C

On Nov 17, 2007, at 5:22 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Chris McDonough wrote:
Attempting to easy_install all 'zope'-related releases using the script at http://svn.repoze.org/playground/trunk/chris/zopesvnchecker/releasechecker.py , the results were:
8 failures, 183 successes.
See http://www.plope.com/static/misc/rcresults-2007-11.17.txt for details.

Thanks for these results.

The recurring number of 77 dependencies is suspicious. No doubt the various zope.app packages with their huge amount of dependencies are behind this. Apparently, those 77 eggs are the minimal Zope3 installation we can do from eggs.

This demonstrates very well that we could just as well have kept large parts of zope.app (the ones that are among those 77 eggs) in one big egg and made our lives a lot easier.