On Nov 17, 2007, at 10:00 PM, Stephan Richter wrote:
I just updated the Zope 3.4 KGS with some new features.
1. You only need to upload the "controlled-packages.cfg" file now;
files are generated.
2. The "controlled-packages.cfg" file now supports a name and
Thus, all generated files are versioned now. The unversioned version
files refers to the latest one.
3. A new "links.html" file now lists all packages in one URL, so
that it is
suitable for the "find-links" option. (I have not tested this yet,
4. A new "minimal/" folder now contains an index just of the
packages. This minimal index can be used by compoze as one
index. (I have not tested this yet, can anyone try this and report
how it can
Very cool, thank you! I'll try this.
5. There is now an introduction page called "intro.html" that lists
all versions and files. It also explains how to use the files. See:
6. The KGS now supports extensions, meaning one KGS can build on
simply specify the "extend" option in the "[KGS]" section of the
packages configuration file. This should allow frameworks built on
Zoep 3, like grok, to build their own KGS without much effort.
That said, I would really like for people to test all the features
whether they work for them.
But most importantly, I would like for people to contribute to the
section of the introduction page!
Thanks to all for listening!
Note that if the KGS really wants to be a KGS (literally "known good",
it's a matter of semantics, not of technology):
- An invariant must be met that only one version of each package
should be present in the index.
- The set is frozen (no packages will be added to or removed from or
The first is true for what we have now neither of the "minimal" set or
the set you're calling the "KGS". The second I'm pretty sure is not
true of the thing you're calling the KGS (it still mirrors the
cheeseshop regularly), I'm not sure about the intent for the "minimal"
Zope-Dev maillist - Zope-Dev@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -