Dieter Maurer wrote:
Chris Withers wrote at 2007-11-20 23:55 +0000:
Dieter Maurer wrote:
You execute their code in a "globals" the "__builtins__" of which
contains precisely the builtins you want to give them.
unfortunately that still leaves the import problems, correct?

The "import" "command" is mapped to the "__import__" builtin.

Thus, changing the "__import__" builtin....

Ah, fantastic, so if I supply a very limited namespace to the environment, with my own __builtins__ and __import__, and where all objects I worry about are proxied, I should be okay not to use restricted python at all?

If so, that would be uber cool :-)