--On 10. November 2007 11:02:27 +0000 Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tres Seaver wrote:
MailTemplates subclass ZopePageTemplate and expect to be text/plain by
default...

That code is there only when reading from the default content, right?

Yep.

And that file is *definitely* 'text/html'.

Well, not in the subclass no...

Why don't you just override it at class level in the subclass?

Yeah, that's what I've done, but it seems a shame to have to replace the
whole __init__ method just for this one line...

For
instance, override '__init__' to read your file before calling the
'super' version, and pass its contents through as 'text', along with
your desired 'content_type'.

Fair enough.

That said, since then, I've been trying to fix other test failures and
have been pretty disappointed with the way it's been done. A lot of
assumption has been made that text/html and text/xml are the only content
types that will ever be used and there are several edge cases where
things break when the content type is not one of these two :-(

If you have a better solution, please submit a patch :-)

Andreas