Dieter Maurer wrote:
Wichert Akkerman wrote at 2008-4-7 20:45 +0200:
Almost surely, Alexander wants to ask why Zope does not allow
non-ASCII characters in ids.

And, in fact, there are only two reasons:

  *  lazyness of the Zope developpers:

     without the restriction to ASCII characters
     careful quoting (and unquoting) is necessary
     in order to adhere to RFC 2396 (the modern uri syntax specification)
This is becoming increasingly painful

I will soon have a patch against Zope 2.11b1
which gets rid of this restriction.

If there is consense, I can add it to the Zope repository.

+1 from my side. Saves me the work to cleanup my own dirty
patch :-))