On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Timothy Selivanow
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm getting a Traceback when running `python setup.py test` for
>  ZConfig-2.5.1 as per the changelog.  Attached is the output, let me know
>  how I can help.  I'm not a proficient python programmer; however, I'm
>  more than willing to learn more.

Can you provide the traceback?  I'm getting this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 1, in ?
    from setuptools import find_packages, setup
ImportError: No module named setuptools

This is because someone (Tres, IIRC) changed things to assume that
setuptools is always available.  If you're using zc.buildout, it
pretty much is, but probably isn't part of your Python installation
(it'll certainly not be part of mine).

If that's the problem you're seeing, I'm inclined to fix things so
that setuptools is supported if found (required for "python setup.py
test", since "test" is from setuptools, not distutils), but otherwise
remains optional.

 -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>