> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> Log message for revision 87393:
>> In debug mode the actual source code for file templates is written out to a <filename>.source file, to make it easier to inspect it.
>> Make debug mode setting explicit in a config.py. Currently it is bound to Python's __debug__, which is False when run with -O and otherwise True.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to litter the file system with these files; they'll probably confuse most users. At the same time, as far as I can tell, we do need to actually save the generated Python-code to disk to get proper debugging.

Can we write them to a temporary directory? If we assign a filename based on the hash of the contents, the space occupied should be fairly limited.